- Does your drinking ever negatively affect your life?
- Have you ever missed an important event because you were too drunk or hungover to go?
- Have you had to call in sick to work or done work that was not up to your usual standard because you were drunk or had been drinking?
- Have you ever had a fight while drinking (physical or verbal) that you would not have had if you were sober?
- Have you ever done anything you regretted later because you were intoxicated?
- Have you ever tried to limit the amount you drink for an event or a period of time, only to find that you could not OR that you could, but did not enjoy yourself when you were less drunk than usual?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you would benefit from treatment for alcohol abuse or alcoholism.