Founder and CEO, Cliffside Malibu
Co-Author of Ending Addiction For Good
Recent Articles by Richard Taite
- Opioid Drug Deaths Cost Half a Million Years of Life in the U.S. Each Year
- Does Food Addiction Really Exist?
- People on Autism Spectrum at Increased Risk for Substance Abuse
- 5 Reasons Substance Abuse is Even More Dangerous for Young People
- The Latest Advances in Addiction Treatment
- This 4th of July, We Owe Our Veterans an Honest Look at PTSD and Addiction
- This Father’s Day, For the First Time, I Am Terrified
- Synthetic Drug Use Skyrocketing, Targeting Young Users
- For Addiction Treatment, Not All Mindfulness Strategies are Created Equal
- Abuse, Neglect and Alcohol Addiction: How Your Childhood Influences Adult Drinking
- Study: Fighting in Families Before and After Father’s Alcohol Treatment
- How Safe is Driving Under the Influence of Cannabis?
- Studies Show Long-Term Effects of Cannabis on the Brain
- Study Shows Long-Lasting Effects of Specific Psychotherapies for Treatment of Depression with Alcoholism
- 100,000-Person Study Shows Your Psych Meds Can Kill You
- Can Alcoholics Ever Drink Moderately?
- 4 Ways to Avoid Risky Sex or Rape While Drinking
- Real Stories: Recovering from Addiction
- Chris Brown Arrested in Malibu After Reportedly Getting Kicked out of Rehab
- Posttraumatic Growth: Addiction as Positive Transformation
- Synthetic Drugs: Soon to be Illegal in California?
- The Most Heartbreaking Thing I’ve Ever Seen
- “Addict” or “Recovering Addict”: Identity and Connection Influence Relapse Rates
- Study Shows 8 Patterns of Problem Drinking: Do You See Yourself?
- Getting the Treatment You Need Despite the Affordable Care Act
- Alcohol Versus Marijuana: Is Either “Safe”?
- Straight Talk on Marijuana Legalization
- The Real Tragedy of Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Heroin Overdose
- Prescription Drugs May Cause Forgetfulness
- Marijuana: The Problem Isn’t Legalization
- High School Seniors Don’t Believe Pot Use has Much Risk; Substance Abuse Remains Mostly Steady
- Brainstorm: A New Book that is a Must Read
- How Did Approval For Zohydro ER Happen?
- For Some Issues, Gender Matters When You’re Drinking
- Treating the Root Causes of Addiction
Cliffside Malibu CEO and founder Richard Taite is Southern California native. He graduated from UCLA with a degree in Political Science with the idea of becoming a lawyer but instead, life and fate got in the way. After many years of bad decision making, Richard finally conquered a crippling alcohol and cocaine habit and achieved sobriety on March 3, 2003. One year later, with the seed money he had from his own medical bill collections and medical-legal consulting company, Taite purchased a sprawling property in Malibu with a desire to create a dedicated sober living facility for men. He started his client base with referrals received from area residential rehabilitation compounds who discharged patients after their 28 days but who still needed treatment and mentoring for their continued sobriety.
- Where The Rich And Famous Go For Addiction Treatment
- Why The Brains of High-Powered People Might Be More Prone to Addiction
Please send media inquiries to: